Wednesday, November 17, 2010

POW 2011




Lethal B Feat JME, Wiley, Chipmunk, 2 Face, P Money, Ghetts and Kano - POW 2011


For all the dedicated grime fans, you would of already heard about the controversial resurrection of the historical POW formula. Looking at it on paper it's a smash, with Teddy (aka Silencer) on the remix buttons and a underground studded line up it was definitely going to show the original up for it's money. The most annoying thing about this track is that you HAVE to compare it to the original, as well as that it's a clear competitor of today's time is the GAME OVER remix which is about to drop with a host of underground talent. Teddy's remix is much better and on point than I thought would get delivered and Kano surprising went hard as well. I think if you compare it to the original for me, 2004's POW wins hands down, but as a track in itself it's definitely something special. Listening back for the 7th time I have discovered that I love JME's, Wiley's and P Money's verses.What do you think? drop me a comment or tweet me.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's brilliant. The original was great but I don't think I really enjoyed hearing it anymore. I think this works better now and has more chance of success than a simple re-release of the original (which might still have worked tho).

    I'm committed to buying at least ten copies although that's more a passionate burning desire to keep any x-factor or cliff richard shite away from no. 1 than a genuine desire to own ten copies out of love.

    I don't think that would have fitted on Twitter. Peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but I have my reservations.
    It feels like more of an attempt by Lethal to circum-navigate the new wave MC's and bring himself back into the (commercial) limelight, than an update of the 'Pow' Model.
    Like seriously... the list of 'notable absentees' stretches so long. I'm mean Chippy... ¬_¬ lol c'mon!
    He might aswell've brang in shadrack and the mandem!!

    Anyways, I'm not just a Nay'sayer lol - wiley's juju bars duppied!!

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
I'm tired of them rap neeks walking round in their akademik suits, Yankee hats with the flat peeks.
Home | HYPERFRANK | Contact