Sunday, July 10, 2011

NO HOMO

Dean Atta

One of the UK's finest poets, Dean Atta, is about to meet one of the toughest challenges of his career and discover the gritty truth about hip hop's last taboo: the gay rapper! The openly gay poet, who has traveled across Europe and won notable awards for his work, takes on the role in an hour-long documentary to discover whether the world of hip hop is honestly ready to accept homosexuality. Check out my interview with Dean for Time Out - Here.

Thank you to Georgia Anderson for getting me involved in this project. I was asked some simple yet really tricky questions which I tried to answer as honestly as possible. Taking part really brought up some strong as well as fair opinions that made me definitely think about the issue in a different light. Enough about that though you'll hear what I have to say on there, so TUNE IN!

Will be aired tonight at 9pm on BBC 1Xtra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
I'm tired of them rap neeks walking round in their akademik suits, Yankee hats with the flat peeks.
Home | HYPERFRANK | Contact